If you’re new to photography and looking to take your composition skills to the next level, this 2-hour workshop is for you!
What You’ll Learn
During this two hour workshop, we’ll talk about what makes a great photograph and help you to learn-
- The basics of the exposure triangle and why it’s important.
- Compositional techinques including the “rule of thirds”, “leading lines” and the “golden ratio” and how to use them.
- How to choose what you want and don’t want in your photograph.
- How to use multiple compositional elements in your shot.
- How to use & control depth of field to enhance your composition.
- The basics of your camera functions to help you move from automatic to semi-automatic / manual modes.
For this workshop, we’ll take a walk around the beautiful Birkenhead Park.
Opened in 1847, this park was designed by Joseph Paxton as a place for people to escape the busy urban environment of Birkenhead. We’ll take in the historic and oft-photographed Boathouse, the swiss bridge and more.
What to expect on the day
My workshops are interactive with plenty to photograph and are limited to 4 people per workshop. I find this number allows a good level of discussion and tuition without becoming overcrowded. Throughout the workshop, we’ll take shots as a group then discuss our thinking behind each shot and how we feel those shots could be improved. At the end of the two hours, you should have a wide selection of photographs plus a range new of techniques to use out in the field in the future.
Saturday 25th Sep / 13th November 2021
per person, up to a maximum workshop size of 4.
(If more than 4 people book, two workshops will be held on the same day)
- 2 hour photography workshop
- Travel to and from the workshop location
- Food and drink
- Camera equipment or personal injury insurance
- Camera (camera phones are fine, but you’ll get the most out of the session with a dedicated camera)
- Suitable clothing for the weather
- Sturdy footwear
- Food and fluid
Recommended but Not Essential
- Change of lenses
- Other camera accessories (eg trigger remote)