If you’re new to photography and looking to take your composition skills to the next level, this 2-hour workshop is for you!
What You’ll Learn
During this two hour workshop, we’ll talk about what makes a great photograph and help you to learn-
- The basics of the exposure triangle and why it’s important.
- The basic functions of your camera to help you move from automatic to semi-automatic / manual modes.
- How to take unique photographs of some of the worlds most famous buildings.
- Compositional techinques including the “rule of thirds”, “leading lines” and the “golden ratio” and how to use them.
- How to choose what you want and don’t want in your photograph.
For this workshop, we’ll take a walk around the beautiful Liverpool Waterfront.
We’ll start at the Liver Buildings, walk along the waterfront past the Liverpool Museum and then around the Albert Dock, finishing back where we started at the Pier Head.
What to expect on the day
My workshops are interactive with plenty to photograph and are limited to 4 people per workshop. I find this number allows me to give everyone some one on one tuition throughout the 2 hours. Throughout the workshop, we’ll take shots as a group then discuss our thinking behind each shot and how we feel those shots could be improved. At the end of the two hours, you should have a wide selection of photographs plus a range new of techniques to use out in the field in the future.
Saturday 2nd October & 27th November 2021
per person, up to a maximum workshop size of 4.
(If more than 4 people book, two workshops will be held on the same day)
- 2 hour photography workshop
- Travel to and from the workshop location
- Food and drink
- Camera equipment or personal injury insurance
- Camera (camera phones are fine, but you’ll get the most out of the session with a dedicated camera)
- Suitable clothing for the weather
- Sturdy footwear
- Food and fluid
Recommended but Not Essential
- Change of lenses
- Other camera accessories (eg trigger remote)